Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 A Year of !!!!!!!!!

I usually LOVE New Years.  I relish the idea of a clean, new starting place.  I like blank slates, blank pages, blank calendars.  I like life unmarred by my mistakes.  The chance to start over.  The dream that this year I will be the wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend that I've always dreamed of being.  I know that by weeks end, at best, those dreams will be faced with the harsh reality of being me but for a short time it's fun to dream. 
     Assessing the year is also a fun part of New Years for me.  I like to look back and say, "2007 was a GREAT year!  Weddings, babies, etc."  Or "2009 sucked!!!!  So glad that's over!"  My problem with 2011 is that I can't seem to categorize it!!!!  I'm not sure if it fits in the "Great Year" category or the "Crummy Year" category.  It certainly has no place in boring!!!!  The whole year was a series of really high highs and low lows.  I guess if I had to pick one word for the year it would be patience, or maybe trust.  The year was a series of trusting God that He really is working all things together for good and that His timing really is perfect (even when it just seems really slow or, frankly, just off:) 
     So I guess 2011 was the Year of Growth (not at all referring to my current girth:).  We grew as individuals, as a family, and as a couple.
     This year my only resolutions are to have two sweet boys in my family and to somehow finish second grade with Christin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...