Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Real Crunchy Steps

Homemaking.  Are there any other professions that remain the same from generation to generation and yet there is always something new to learn?!?!  It's crazy (and overwhelming!)   Women have been doing this for thousands of years and yet none of us seem to feel like we have it all down!  There's always something new to learn.  Some trick we've been missing.  In my quest to be Supermom and gain that ever elusive Mom of the Year award I've asked myself over and over, "What can I do better."  Then I tell myself, "EVERYTHING" and just go grab a bag of chocolate covered raisins and a book and curl into a little ball of overwhelmedness.  (I'll post about coping skills later though)  Over the past few years I've been trying to be healthier and more frugal (combining the two is the biggest challenge) in what we eat and what we use around the house for cleaning, hygene, etc.  This summer my big goal was to take advantage of summers bounty by trying my hand at canning, freezing, and whatever other methods there are of preserving food  (I currently have glass jars in my fridge of veggie stock.  It's not pretty people.  Both George and I in our immense maturity have giggled about having jars of pee in the fridge.  We're mature adults though).  Then this morning I received a text from a fellow wanna be crunchy mom and awesome friend Denise suggesting we join forces each testing a different crunchy (healthy and natural) remedy for eating, cleaning, etc. and share our bounty.  Thus was born this summer's blogging series: Real Crunchy Steps!

Join Denise and I this summer as we take small steps aka Crunchy Steps toward healthier living .  We'll post our recipes, projects, and outcomes each week.    Look for the first post this Friday!!!  Loco Taco Seasoning (you'll never, ever guess what it's about!)


Don't want to miss any exciting announcements? Sign up for my email list in the upper right hand corner of the page! And thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...