Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Real Crunchy Step: Dove Body Wash

by Denise at Better Than My Best

I once told Danny not to buy me the impersonal gift of Bath and Body Works stuff for my birthday or Christmas. Because of this, he was really suprised when I asked for it for Mother's Day 2011. I think after 10-15 years of always receiving some sort of body wash or lotion, I had finally run out of it and was needing more. A little over a year later, I once again ran out of it. I have resorted to using the J&J baby wash for the past few days until I decided to look up a recipe for Body Wash. I found a great recipe at www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com .

3 bars of dove soap, grated (this part was NOT fun)
6 cups of water
heat until soap is dissolved
cool in a glass bowl
transfer to container

Soooooooooooooo easy.

It was difficult to tell when all the soap was dissolved because the mixture is white, so I had to keep spooning up some liquid to see if there was any soap flakes in it. It took a long time to cool down, and it thickened slightly as it cooled. I then transfered it into an empty apple juice bottle, and an empty J&J baby wash container. In the morning when I used it, it had thickened up even more, but was still a little thinner than regular Dove Wash. Overall I was happy with it. (This recipe is to be used with Dove Soap only. Dove Soap has a lot of moisturizers in it, if you use this recipe with another bar soap, it will be super thick. You can use another kind of bar soap, but you will have to play around with how much water to add).

This recipe made about 7 cups of wash, or 56 ounces. A 16 oz bottle of Dove Body Wash costs around $5. A 6 pack of Dove soap is around $7. If I bought 56 ounces of Wash, it would have cost me $17.50. I made it for $3.50. Sounds like a keeper for me!





Don't want to miss any exciting announcements? Sign up for my email list in the upper right hand corner of the page! And thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...