Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Real Crunchy Step: Peanut Butter

By Denise at Better Than My Best

Last weekend my Church hosted a Phamily Phillies Tailgate Party. It was a blast! There was food, carnival games, a water blob, paintball, a water balloon fight that ended up being "get Pastor Randy," and we raffled off a baseball bat signd by Richie Ashburn to help support our missions team to Guatemala (who is there right now, say a quick prayer for them please!). For the party, I planned to do a game where I would throw out a ton of unshelled peanuts for the kids to gather up, only there were several peanuts that were colored, and if the child found a colored peanut, he/she could turn it in for a prize. Unfortunately, it poured before I could play this game, and although it only rained for about 10 minutes, I decided to nix the game because of the wet ground. Fortunately, right after the rain, we got to see a beautiful rainbow over the steeple of our church.


I was therefore, left with a ton of peanuts. I decided to make peanut butter.

First, I shelled the already roasted peanuts. (A bowl of shelled peanuts is really fun to play with).


Then I put them in my Magic Bullet, as I don't have a blender. If you have a blender, use the blender. I had to reduce the amount of peanuts I put in the Bullet, and it took forever to get through the peanuts. I actually quit half way through the bowl.


Once blended up, the peanuts will look like this:


I added a little salt, and then I felt like it wasn't as creamy as I would like, so I addd a little oil.

Overall, I think this is a work in progress. I think it would be a lot smoother in a blender. I am also wondering if I will have to get used to it being a slightly different texture than Jif. I am willing to try it again, it really wasn't a hard process!

On another note, is everyone planning to "Boycott Hunger"? Click here to read Shannon's "Boycott Hunger" post!










Don't want to miss any exciting announcements? Sign up for my email list in the upper right hand corner of the page! And thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...